Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stepping Out of the Boat

You know when you have those situations in life where you know it could only be from God? Like weeks or months when you look back and you're like "how did that happen?!" That's been the last few weeks for Justin and I.  Conversations, situations, you name it-it's been a wild wild few weeks; where we can only look at each other and say, "I can't believe all this..."

I was talking with one of my good friends, Aleah (go check out her blog!) the other day about all this craziness, and telling her I have no idea what God's doing.  Then we started talking about Abraham and Issac, and she said this situation we're in sounded so similar to her bible study topic and shared her notes with me:

"Abraham trusted God fully, He knew God's character, and he knew that His promises do not change." 

"It is wrong to imagine that God will never change the direction in which He leads you, when God requires a new step, will you follow Him?"

When she shared that I thought yes that's exactly it! When you say yes to God, you have no idea where that yes might take you.  But I can tell you from experience it's a crazy awesome ride...scary at times. Actually it can be super scary to the point where you're like "what are we doing?!" But it's a calm kind of crazy...

We've stepped out of the boat.
And aren't really ready for the steps ahead, but He knows. 

God's got us on a CA-razy journey, and this story He's weaving together? 

Oh man, it's a wild one.

stay tuned....

No comments: