Saturday, November 17, 2012

One of those days...maybe weeks

Today was just one of those days I want to remember.  Nothing major happened, but it was just an all around wonderful day. Let me back up and tell you about this week though.

The week started with me running into, er, "tapping"the water heater in our garage with our car. Awesome right? Not, my husband didn't think so either, but he was very gracious with me.

Next,  literally the next day, I fell down the stairs. Which if you know me, isn't all that unusual. Sadly, I tend to rush, trip, whatever. I've fallen down and up the stairs quite a bit. One time I even fell up the stairs and broke a finger, true story. On my way toppling down the stairs, I ripped our alarm system straight out of the wall, again, awesome move on my part. Not. Since it lost power it started going off like crazy thinking some burglar tried to rip it out or something. Anyway, my trusty husband fixed it (thankfully, or we'd have to pay our alarm company big bucks)

But today, today was a good day.  A day where we could be slow and lazy, which hasn't happened in a long time.  I'm helping my friend Rachel with some styled shoots for her photography business, and she offered to take some pictures of Justin and I for out Christmas cards.  I definitely might have had some "failed" Pinterest attempts to recreate a picture, but she took a few that definitely made me tear up.


My favorite


This one is my favorite.  It symbolizes so much.  A year ago, we officially announced our plans to adopt.  I have learned so much this year, met so many people. We're praying boldly that next year we will have a family of three to take pictures. 

Tomorrow marks our 6 month DTE date, about to enter month 7. 

God moved mountains this year. 




"And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen."
Matthew 21:21

2 comments:

summer roughton said...

What a blessed day following a long hard week. Praying that this is your month. This is when u get your referral.

nicarv said...

Amazing picture! And I love your last line, God did move mountains, and he will continue to do so. Praying hard for your boy and for you guys during this time as well