Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My word

I've spent waaaayyy too much time over the last few days reading over blogs and seeing what people hope for 2013, I love the idea of choosing a word to focus on.  I wrote a few days ago about my hope to live out Isaiah 58 this year (and the years to come) but with that, I wanted to choose a word that I also want to focus on, peace. 

Our lives are busy, and they're not gong to slow down, which sometimes really overwhelms me.  How I choose to handle situations is an example of Christ in me, and if I freak out and stress everyone and their mom out, well that's just not the best example right?

For 2013, along with living out Isaiah 58, I'm choosing to live out peace as well.  I love what my friend Beth wrote on her blog about her theme for the year, she used this verse as an example and it totally spoke to me.

"You will go out in joy and be led fourth in peace." Isaiah 55:12

What word would you choose?

1 comment:

susanelizabeth said...

Oh thank you soooo much for this! i just posted my goals for the yrs and I am going to add this! I am going to pray about my word. Your's is needed too so that might be just what I need to add to. But am going to ask God. Again, thank you!