Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Our Circle, one month in


Take a step of faith when God gives you a vision because you trust that the One who gave you the vision is going to make provision. And for the record, if the vision is from God, it will most definitely be beyond your means. 
-Mark Batterson, The Circle Maker


Last month I talked to you about our 24/7 prayer. The call we felt to pray every hour until our son is home.

It's been a month.

And you guys, its been unreal.

We set our phones to have alarms each hour...and yes, even through the night.

We've prayed like we've never prayed before.

Some crazy stuff has happened, some things I'm just not sure I wanna share yet because you might think I'm crazy (if you don't already..)

I used to think we prayed the average amount..is there really an average amount? But anyways, the book I wrote about when we shared out 24/7 prayer really has changed the way that we pray. It's hard to describe, so you should just go get the book and read it yourself.

I'd be lying if I said this last month was easy...it is HARD with an alarm going off every hour, but the  result of these prayers are most definitely worth it.  In the beginning I remember feeling exhausted...but a good exhaustion.

We are praying with confidence a very bold prayer for our boy and his adoption.

Literally the week we started some insane things happened with out agency, but it all worked out for the better, but I don't think it was coincidence when everything happened.

I know our prayers are being heard because they are being answered.

Until next time, guys.

Go home. Lock yourself in your room. Kneel down in the middle of the floor, and with a piece of chalk draw a circle around yourself. There, on your knees, pray fervently and brokenly that God would start a revival within that chalk circle.” 
-Mark Batterson, The Circle Maker

No comments: