Saturday, April 21, 2012

Give1Save1!!!

Tomorrow we head to USCIS and get fingerprinted, it's the last thing that we have to check off our paperwork list; once we get our letter back from USCIS, we will send our dossier to Ethiopia and can officially be a waiting family! We "officially" started this journey back in the end of November, and it has been amazing how God has broke us, changed us, blessed us and opened our eyes more throughout these last 5-6 months.  


We have the amazing opportunity to be the featured family on Give1Save1 this week.  I found about about Give1Save1 a while back and was so amazed at how these women just basically started a place where all you do is get adoption out there, share peoples stories and donate just $1 (or more). That's all, donate $1 help to bring a child home. I love it, and I love the community that has been formed through it.  Below is just a little of our story, stop on over to 









Check it out,

Please share it with your friends

Hear some more of our story. 


Justin and I had been trying to get pregnant for a while, when my mom asked me "Do you think you're not able to get pregnant right now because God wants you to adopt?" It's funny because by that time, God had began to tug at my heart for adoption-I had no idea what to do with that call at that time, but I knew I needed to begin to pray for Justin's heart-that it would be softened towards adoption as well, as so I did. For a long time.  About a year before we "officially" began the process, we read over various countries statistics, criteria, needs, ect. I was shocked at what I was reading and learning-much of which kept me up at night in a panic knowing what was happening in our world.  God was beginning to soften and open my heart to caring for the orphans and the widows.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
-James 1:27  

It's amazing how even the little things bring me happiness now, turning on the faucet to get some water (which much of the world can't do) having 3 (plus more at times) meals at day, not having to walk miles and miles just to GET water.  


I am so thankful that when my mom asked me that question, I was willing to listen, I would encourage that if you ever even thought about adoption or foster care, that you listen to those thoughts, you're not having them just because, 

maybe your life is about to be wrecked too, 
in an amazing way. 

We love you all so much! Thank you for being a part of our families story. 



"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act." 
Proverbs. 24:12

No comments: