Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shop with a Purpose

My view of shopping and what I "need" has changed a lot since starting this adoption.  As I read statistics, learned more about our world's poverty and was rocked out of my comfort zone, I have found that sometimes I feel guilty when I walk into Target, or think to stop at the mall.  Not that I am not beyond thankful for what I've been given, but I just tend to play statistics over and over again in my head, and I find myself laying in bed at night wondering what I can sell, who I can support or how I can "change the world." I quickly learned that I can't do that, I can't change the world at all, that's not my job-that's God's job-I'm simply just called to do what He commands and share about His love with others.  A while back i read an article on Give1Save1 (an awesome website) about shopping with a purpose; and that changed my view on what I can do be a part of changing the world for someone.  So now, if I need to buy a gift, buy a shirt or whatever, I'll search high and low to see if there is something I can buy out there that will help to support someone else too, it makes me feel like I'm a part of something bigger. :)

And now you can also have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger, we have partnered with 147MillionOrphans, to help fundraise for our adoption.  We have set up an online store with a few things for now (more to come) so check them out if you'd like, the items are not only helping to support our adoption, but also helping to raise awareness to the estimated 147 million orphans throughout our world. 

(see a sample of our items below)

Thanks for being a part of our story





No comments: