Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nothing too new, and some Hume photos

I know I should do a better job at keeping this blog, everyday I think "I should write an update..or something..." Not much new around here (my sister just got back from a year in the UK, which is SO great) Summer is coming in an end, and I am welcoming the change.  We are changing seasons in our lives, not just literally (summer-fall) but figuratively. 

We have been so blessed so far in our adoption.  Not just financially, but through prayer and emotionally.  We have made new friends, gotten the chance to share about Jesus, had some not so good moments (ask Justin about his conversation at In-N-Out with a complete stranger who although uninvited, gave us her opinion about our adoption...) but all moments so far have grown us into the parents we will need to be, we are learning patience, wisdom and how to be sacrificial for our future child.  It's not easy all the time, but it's good. And it's just the beginning. 

We'll be 3 months DTE (dossier to Ethiopia) next week.  It isn't much, but it's something.  We're getting close to being fully funded. It's absolutely insane.  When we started this joinery, we didn't even have the money for the application fee, but God has provided, through the generosity of others, through an unimaginable grant from Show Hope, and through the diligence He's given us to be very strict with our own fiances. It's all God, not a bit has to do with us.  Looking at our monthly budget, I have no clue how we make it, but we always have what we need, and then some.  God has moved (and will continue to move) mountains.  And we are constantly in awe. 

Here's some photos from our recent trip to Hume Lake with the high school students.  It. was. amazing.  Probably the best Hume ever. I love Hume, it's one of my favorite places in the world. 









Love them all. 
(last photo thanks to Rachel Wurzbach, thanks Rach!!!)





2 comments:

Dianne said...

oh my goodness...when I clicked on this page and saw your little thermometer with all the donations, my jaw dropped. I feel like it was just yesterday that you were announcing your adoption. Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. You are going to make wonderful parents :)

Dianne said...

sorry, that was me, Dianne J. lol. Dunno why it says unknown